1.29.2009

Thursday Thoughts

Just thought I'd share...

I really need a spray and/or fake-n-bake tan. Don't hate, I am pale.

I started Weight Watchers on Wednesday at work. They have meetings and weigh-ins over lunch, and quite a few of my co-workers are doing it, too. It's kind of scary to start something new like this, but it can't hurt me, right? Now I am all about the point-counting.

Did anyone watch the SAG Awards? I just read who won online. Nothing stood out to me except Hugh Laurie won Best Actor for House (we were excited because it was one of "our" shows!).

I heard The City got renewed for a second season. Yesssssssssssssssss! I love Whitney Port & Co. I mostly love Whitney's couch. Seriously, watch for it. Beautiful.

Today I let my dogs in the backyard while I got ready for work and I couldn't find them out there when I was ready to leave. So I shook their food bag, which always makes them come running, and I heard Dixie barking from somewhere inside the house. Where was she? Somehow she and McLovin hopped our fence (because it's still broken) into a neighbor's yard and ended up back at our front door. What!! We really need a new fence.

I didn't think the Lost episode was great last night - it was fine and there were some Wow! moments, but we didn't even realize the end was the end. Next week's looks good, though.

I just got this delivered yesterday and I am looking forward to starting. Since I started late on reading the Bible in a year (one of my resolutions), I figured I could start late and finish early in 90 days! :)

Jeremy is busy on a project (no, really? yes, huge shocker!), so I am driving to Austin tomorrow to spend the night with Amanda. It will be a fun break from being home, and I'm also there to see Granmomo at her new place (retirement/nursing home) and to make a list of furniture I would like to have that she didn't take with her. I'll head back on Saturday after we take Granmomo to lunch.

I brought a ton of picture frames and a fake flower to my office and it already looks brighter!

I know I bought a ton of books to read in Telluride, but I am hooked on these now, thanks to my mother-in-law! I can't stop reading them! Seriously, the best mysteries! I've read The Woods and Promise Me and I am currently reading The Innocent...and funnily enough, they're making his book Tell No One into a movie coming out this summer and the main character's name is Dr. David Beck (that's my dad's name!!!! weird!!!!!).

Jeremy just found out he'll be participating in a moot court through his company for an advanced civil litigation class at UT in Austin. Very exciting! I hope to tag along.

And hiiiiiiii to Tony and Judy, who are chillin' in Hawaii right now until Monday, I think. They know us so well - they sent us a picture of a house they saw and asked us if we knew where it was from. Jeremy would have gotten it eventually, but I knew right off the bat - the house where Jin proposed to Sun in Lost (that looks like it's in Korea). But I'm sure they went to the beach, too! Hope they bring us back something cool!! :)

No comments: