On the 30th Jeremy and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary! We were very low-key in celebrating this year, but that was fine with both of us. We're just mellow kind of people, right?? Jeremy had the day off, so he took me out to lunch (which has only happened maybe one other time, so it was a treat!). We decided on Cheesecake Factory, but got there about 10:55am and apparently they don't open until promptly 11am. What did we do with those 5 minutes? Check out the ice skaters? Sit in the car? Cruise around the Galleria? Window shop? Ha, no. We decided we'd trade in our 1st generation iPhone for 2 newer, larger 3G iPhones! Jeremy has been dying to get his hands on a new one, and I think the white ones are pretty, so that was our big anniversary present this year! Then we did have lunch at Cheesecake Factory! Since we'd had a big lunch, we decided to stay in that night instead of forcing ourselves to go have a big, fancy meal just because.
Our Presents - Flowers, Cards & New iPhones!!
December 30, 2008
December 30, 2007

December 30, 2006

Jeremy is taking the CMA Exam on Monday and has been studying like crazy, so we decided to keep it low key on New Year's Eve also. We sound so boring, but I think we both needed a relaxing break from work! We went to an early dinner at Cafe Red Onion and settled in well before any crazy drivers might be out (we were feeling a bit wary of drunk drivers this year because I just learned this story is actually my co-worker's daughter). We watched our 2 new Netflix discs of Weeds (Season 3) and watched the ball drop.
Now, of course I have to look back on 2008...
-Jeremy got his job with Lumin, now Duff and Phelps, which was obviously a blessing but has also been stressful at times with his awful hours sometimes
-I got promoted from an admin position to Regulatory Specialist, which has been absolutely awesome
-Our relationship went through some growing pains early in the year, but we are on the other side of that now and are happier than we've ever been :)
-We adopted the sweetest dog in the world, McLovin, who continues to surprise me with how sweet and smart he is!

-My mom and dad got remarried, which of course is a little weird, but it's nice to see them both so happy with their new families
-I got the Worst. Sunburn. Ever.

-Hurricane Ike. What more needs to be said? (We were without power for 16 days, lived with my in-laws without power for 16 days, spent a fortune on tree removal and have yet to spend another small fortune to replace our fence!)
-We got rid of the truck and bought our very first car together!!
I am sure there is much more, but I think that sums up a lot of our year! We are looking forward to a hopefully boring, mundane, quiet, hurricane-free 2009! Jeremy and I are continuing to enjoy our jobs; Jeremy will working on getting his CMA certification; and we're working hard on our house to get it ready to list in the Spring or Summer.
Resolutions? I am normally not a resolution kind of girl, but I did make one for myself for 2009. I am going to read the Bible in a year. I've read very few books in the Bible all the way through, so I think it will be a good "base knowledge" to have...my options are to read it straight all the way through, Old and New testaments together (like one passage from each for each day), historically (the order in which books were written), or chronologically (the order in which events happened, regardless of book). I'm thinking chronologically might make the most sense to me, for my brain. Suggestions? And yes, I know it's the 2nd and haven't officially started yet, but I can make up these 2 days over the weekend! I'm not sure if Jeremy has any resolutions or not yet - probably to pass this first CMA exam!
Our 2009 is getting off to an exciting start early - we get to watch our Horns play on Monday in the Fiesta Bowl, then we leave next Saturday to go skiing (or in my case...to go "staying inside by the fire") in Telluride!!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT to see snow, trying skiing ONE more time, and spend some quality time with Jeremy! I haven't been to Telluride in the winter in 3 years and Jeremy has never been, so I know we're going to have the BEST time!

The Becks, Telluride, December 2005
No comments:
Post a Comment