1.21.2009

Random, Random, Random...

Just kind of a potpourri of stuff going on here...

My bangs are driving me crazy today, so I have paper clipped them back. Yes, with a silver Office Max paper clip. Classy.

LOST premieres tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody get excited!! And check out Miss Caroline's blog for a hilarious post on it. I have only met this girl once but I love stalking her blog for her photography and wit, she cracks me up!

In other blog news, my BFF Becky started her own blog! I am excited to add her to my list of daily blog reads. She enjoys reality TV and celeb gossip as much as I do, so I am sure her blog will be quite entertaining.

We spent a nice weekend with Becky, too. We played games on Friday night (I highly recommend Cranium Pop 5, it's the best of Cranium without all the complexity of the normal game) and Saturday we went to Jason's birthday/housewarming party, which was so fun! Then we had brunch at Empire Cafe on Sunday, my fav. The weather was gorgeous on Sunday, so Jeremy and I hit a couple open houses in Briargrove Park and Walnut Bend (we're not moving, just for funsies) and weeded our front yard. We're such good homeowners, I know.

I did not watch the inauguration yesterday (drilling doesn't stop for speeches, y'all!), but I did watch GW's speech when he returned to Texas. I don't know a ton about politics, nor do I intend to make them a subject of this blog very much, but I couldn't help but love this quote (I am a native Texan, after all): "Nothing compares to Texas at sunset." Amen, GW, amen.

Also, Kelly (Harper's mom) has posted some updates and things are looking better - Praise Jesus! Harper's heart and brain look fine, so they're just trying to get her lungs in better working order. They might put her on ECMO if she can't breathe without 100% oxygen and they're planning right now on being in Tulsa for 4-6 weeks. Huge praises for that, and for all the love and support Kelly and Scott are getting from family, friends, church and bloggers! :) Let's continue to pray for them, her doctors and little Harper!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog shout out! As my friend just said, There's Whidmore where that came from!

Meggie said...

My fav has to be Andrew Forrester's puns...btw, did you know my husband's family is good family friends with the Forresters? Small world!

Anonymous said...

That's weird! I actually just met Andrew over Christmas break and hung out with him almost everyday. He's hilarious.

This morning I woke up to a text from him that said, "Looks like Hurley really did Analucinate."

Last night was ridiculous.