*Editor's note: If you notice in my first paragraph I wrote "t/" instead of "to" which is how I abbreviate when typing weekly reports at work. I think that is hilarious (only to me) and I am not changing it.
Last week, Emily blogged about Rachael Ray. (Yes, I have now blog-stalked/referenced Emily's blog twice in one week. I swear we are friends in real life!) First, I have to say that I echo her sentiments exactly! I used to LOVE Rachael Ray, like my parents would call me when a show was on so I could flip to it. It first started when I was in bed, comatose after a Thanksgiving meal and the Food Network was running a marathon of $40 a Day, her travel show where she attempted t/ spend no more than $40 per day wherever she was. It was so good! Food and travel, how can you go wrong? She was kind of dorky, but not nearly as much as Samantha Brown (from Great Hotels on the Travel Channel, who I love dearly anyway). I never really got into 30 Minute Meals in college because I never cooked, but I liked all of her other shows. Then I heard Oprah was getting her her very own talk show. I was intrigued, but the excitement was starting to wear off. Her phrases like "yum-oh" and "dee-lish" were bugging me...like those are not crazy made-up words. People have been saying "dee-lish" forever, what's the big deal?Getting to my point...I saw a commercial for this yesterday and almost died laughing, because it is so appropriately Rachael Ray and so the reason she grates on some people's nerves! Yes, she now has a dog food (inspired by her dog, Isaboo) (side note: just name your dog Isabelle and call her Isaboo. I didn't name my dog DixiePoo but that's what I call her. DUH.) Guess what the name of the dog food is?
NUTRISH.
Really? REALLY? REALLY?!!! You're now too popular and I can only imagine a handful of people like you now. I'm not trying to be mean, it's nothing against you personally, but I might cut it down to maybe...3 shows tops? Maybe only 4 product lines? I hope the people who moved into our old apartment are enjoying your magazine because I didn't even bother changing my address on it when we moved.
Everyone knows it's all about Paula Deen and Giada anyway.




2 comments:
agreed. Giada is the best. Rachel Ray can take her EVOO to anotha network!
Thanks for the blog love. I love how you use t/ . . . because writing out the "o" takes so much extra effort than the "/". :)
Post a Comment