2.08.2009

The Grammy's: Meg's Train of Thought

My opinions on the Grammy's (because Jeremy is working with his noise-canceling headphones on and won't listen to me!):

-The guy from The Mentalist is hot.

-Coldplay's performance with Jay-Z was kind of cool, but I was fairly underwhelmed. Funny they performed Viva La Vida which currently has a lawsuit brought against it.

-Oh, how I love Carrie Underwood and want legs like hers, but I did not like her dress at all. I know she can do better!

-How adorable is Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland? Kristian Bush (the guy from Sugarland) is, too, actually. Their acceptance speech was cute and she looked gorge in her dress.

-Oh, oh, song of the year award!! I bet Coldplay wins.

-Yep. For Viva La Vida. Again the lawsuit thing is kind of funny since it is now a Grammy-winning song. Also funny because the dude in the purple jacket just apologized to Paul McCartney for wearing Sergeant Pepper jackets - guess they "recycle "a lot?

-Kid Rock is up for 2 awards tonight?? Seriously?? Why am I watching live and unable to fast forward?

-Okay, I can't hate when he sings Sweet Home Alabama. That song never gets old!

-Yay yay yay Taylor Swift...and Miley. Not my fave song off her album, but I'll forgive her. Ew, no Miley, go away, don't sing Taylor's song!! Eh.

-Not a fan of Alison Krauss's hair extensions.

-I would probably fast forward through Jennifer Hudson's performance, also. You look awesome, but I am not feelin' it, girl.

-I LOVE Emily Proctor from CSI Miami (she sounds like such a southern belle!) AND Jason Mraz. AND they're introducing Jonas Brothers!! Omg, best intro ever!! SWOON. And I love Stevie Wonder singing a Joe Bros. song!

-I like how they introduced only Kayne and really it's an Estelle song featuring him.

-Ha, Kayne dig at not winning the Best New Artist Grammy ever.

-Yay Adele won! LOVE her, her dress and her teased ponytail. Work it!

-Really, Kenny Chesney and Morgan Freeman are friends??

-Herbie Hancock only makes me think of Tommy Boy.

-M.I.A.'s pregnant belly definitely adds something to the "hip hop summit."

-Paul McCartney and Dave Grohl? I like it! Sir Paul is looking mighty young...might he have had some face work done?

-Where's Jennifer, John?

-For the love of all that is sparkly and sequined, I love/want/need Gwyneth Paltrow's dress.

-I am a sucker for all things Justin Timberlake. And I love him on the piano. "I turn my head to the east...I turn my head to the west..."

-I feel like Ne-Yo was kind of a random sub for one of the Four Tops, but what do I know?

-I love me some Neil Diamond, and he always brings to mind the movie Saving Silverman:


-Okay, wait, I did not know Issac Hayes died. Where was I?

-Will.I.Am, thanks for congratulating Obama. Because we all totally thought you were pulling for John McCain.

-I think it is totally cute Solange is sitting next to Jay-Z (she's his sister-in-law). Jeremy is to Jay-Z as Amanda is to Solange. Does that make me Beyonce?? :)

-Is it just me or does Alison Krauss just look completely awkward up there? You were the big winner, be excited!!

That's it! Meagan - out.
I will consider posting pictures tomorrow when I have time to snatch them off Google...

No comments: