8.25.2008

"When the Weather Outside Is Weather"

So - chiming in for the first time I'm sure this is going to feel a lot more like 'Hollywood Minute' with David Spade than a typical blog entry. If you don't know what 'Hollywood Minute' is, I probably don't like you or your are too young to remember, which also means I probably don't like you because you're the reason I can't turn on my radio in the car without hearing Nickleback or the pepsi version of Nickleback.

Olymipcs - It sucks being out of school when i can't watch round the clock coverage. Phelps was pretty sweet, but winning gets old after a while. I know, b/c I went to UT. We got tired of that around 2006.

Obama - Ummm, what are the experience qualifications for being President? None? Okay, where do I sign up? If we're going to vote in a rock star to run the country, can we get some love for Meatloaf? It doesn't matter, we're all screwed regardless. McCain is as much republican as I am an 'of age' member of the chinese gymnastics squad. Did you see what I did there? Topical. Get used to it.
Madonna thinks John McCain is like Hitler. Madonna has a fake British accent and wears cone shaped bra's. I think Madonna is a lot like things I don't care about, like Hugh Jackman or cats.

I bought a truck a year ago, and I sold it. Now we have an Audi...and I have a purple 4Runner.

We have a new dog, his name is McLovin'. He has the worst breath in the world, but he would probably not be alive if we didn't rescue him from the pound. Sometimes i wonder if we made the right choice....

Speaking of China, the DNC is tonight. Michelle Obama will resume her quest to prove that she is not crazy and a bunch of rich hypocrites will be telling us that the money we make actually belongs to someone else, and that should inspire us to work harder and innovate more. I find harry potter or human caused global warming a bit more realistic. Sigh, I miss Hillary.

The Longhorns start up again this weekend. Mark it, its going to be a ROUGH season, but we'll find a way to pull out 10 wins.

My brother got married in Arkansas. Its beautiful country, if you actually get to get out to see it. Our rental car was a PT Cruiser. No offense to PT Cruiser fans, but I should have hired a mule to drag that thing to and from Tulsa.
My company got bought, but we all keep our jobs. The company is Duff & Phelps. They are getting us Blackberries. Things are looking up. My iphone is jealous, and it should be. My iphone is a piece of junk most days, and awesome other days. Its about to be my cool mini touch ipod.

Questions, comments, concerns?

Putting out an APB for...'War Games' on TBS? It used to come on every saturday at like 3am. Can someone please help me locate? I have a need for Global Thermal Nuclear War.


No comments: