8.18.2008

Top 100

Yes, Sarah, I am copying you! I said reading blogs gets me through slow works days, so now posting on my own will help also! Here are 100 things you might not know about me (Meagan, not Jeremy!):
1. I hated my middle name Worthing so much growing up I told people the W was for Wendy.
2. I love it now, but still can't decide if I want to keep Worthing or Beck as my middle name (though legally I am MeaganWorthing Hamblen).
3. My husband and I call each other Schmoopy, after the Seinfeld episode.
4. Nothing beats a cold beer and chips and queso on a Friday evening after a long week!
5. Cheese is probably my favorite food.
6. I love love love waking up to the smell of coffee in the morning.
7. I really wish I could be blonde for a while.
8. I was the first cousin to get married on both my mom and dad's sides.
9. I am 5 years older than my sister and 13 years older than my brother.
10. I want 2 kids (only) and no surprises after the 2.
11. My sister has become one of my very best friends.
12. My favorite weekend activity is cuddling my husband on the couch while watching a movie.
13. I am part of the Fab 5 and I could not live without these ladies as friends!
14. I only lived outside of Houston when I went to school in Austin. I will probably live here the rest of my life!
15. I think Houston is a really cool, fun city and gets a bad rap!
16. I get insanely excited/proud when someone from Texas, Houston or UT does something noteworthy!
17. My husband is the same way and that's why we're perfect.
18. I think Texas is the coolest state ever and I love Texas history.
19. I love Diet Root Beer.
20. I am currently praying for Sarah because she's having a phone interview for a job in Austin right now.
21. I majored in Geography and realized I have always loved Geography growing up.
22. I was a History major and an Education major for a semester each.
23. I wish I was smart enough to have majored in Engineering.
24. I failed a total of 7 college courses and stil got a BA and a good job. :)
25. I hate cleaning bathrooms with a passion.
26. I enjoy cooking when it's a recipe I know very well.
27. I love baking!
28. My favorite channel is HGTV...
29. Though I have found as a new homeowner I suck a decorating.
30. I absolutely LOVE my in-laws and LOVE being a Hamblen!
31. I do miss being a Beck, though.
32. I am still a daddy's girl.
33. Sometimes I really wish I was a teacher and/or realtor.
34. Sometimes I really want to live outside of Houston or Texas or the country, just to see what it would be like.
35. I am a Southern belle at heart and think I should have been born in New Orleans or Savannah.
36. Facebook-stalking in my evening routine before bed.
37. I hate MySpace.
38. I love reading.
39. My favorite book right now is A Thousand Splendid Suns.
40. I love going to church!
41. I prefer Pastor Ben Young to his father, Pastor Ed Young, at Second Baptist.
42. My husband feels just the opposite!
43. I am a Christian.
44. I went to Camp Balcones Springs for 5 or 6 summers and loved every second of it.
45. Two summers I hiked in the backcountry of Colorado for 2 weeks each.
46. I pretty much hate the outdoors now.
47. I played tennis competitively for 2 summers in junior high.
48. I was not good at any sports growing up!
49. I was on my high school dance team for 3 years and have the best memories from it.
50. I am going to force my daughter (if I have one) to do gymnastics after watching the Olympics this summer!
51. My whole family cried like babies when our dog, Banner, got put to sleep.
52. I get teary if I think about my 2 doggies having to be put down, even though they're only 3 and 5 years old!
53. The Liberty Mutual commercials where it shows everyone doing something nice because they saw someone else do something nice make me cry.
54. I love blogging and reading blogs while at work.
55. I hate having to use a computer at home because I sit in front of one for 9 hours.
56. I love my iPhone.
57. My biggest pet peeve is when people leave their blinker on for no reason.
58. I LOVE UT football but hate going to the games! (It's so hot & tiring!)
59. Online shopping is a huge problem of mine!
60. My favorite stores are Banana Republic and Anthropologie.
61. I'm afraid I won't be a good mom, but know my husband will be an amazing dad.
62. I have a bad temper. :)
63. Sleeping in is my favorite thing in the world to do, especially with my husband!
64. I was Chaplain for my high school dance team and my sorority.
65. I love planning parties!
66. I have never been a bridesmaid...yet!
67. My wedding was the most fun night I've ever had in my life.
68. I went to St. Thomas for our honeymoon.
69. I hate fish in the ocean or lake.
70. I hate bugs.
71. I think my husband kind of hates killing them for me!
72. My favorite gift ever was a Lladro figurine my mother-in-law gave me for our engagement.
73. I am addicted to HAR.com and look up new houses for us daily.
74. I think the oil & gas industry is absolutely amazing and I love learning more about it.
75. I think I am creative and artistic and I try really hard to be.
76. I lived at SRD in the summer & fall of 2002 and again in the fall of 2006, but never lived there for a spring semester.
77. I think I am smarter than my sister but she makes better grades than I did!
78. My dad just got remarried and now has 4 kids at home.
79. I named my maternal grandmother Grandmomo.
80. It irritates me that my younger cousins have re-named her Grandmommy.
81. I still want to please my parents even though I'm 24.
82. I am super girly.
83. But I love Nike shorts, t-shirts and flip flops.
84. I love tanning beds.
85. I have never broken a bone and only sprained my ankle once.
86. My husband has 4 kidneys inside him.
87. My friends are all the smartest, coolest, funniest, most stylish people I know and I wish I could be more like them!
88. I really love being with my family, even though it's different than it used to be.
89. I really want twins.
90. I love pedicures.
91. I grind my teeth really bad at night and my molars look like old lady molars (according to the dentist).
92. I prefer honesty over saying something just to be nice.
93. My first date with Jeremy in Austin was a walk around the Texas State Cemetary.
94. One of my relatives is buried there.
95. I just found about 20 wedding thank you notes that I never sent and I don't know what to do with them.
96. I love planning vacations that we never take.
97. I have no desire ever to visit Africa.
98. I love flamingos.
99. I treat my dogs Dixie & McLovin like children and I don't care.
100. I LOVE JEREMY RYAN HAMBLEN!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the prayer :) and I love that you pointed out how many classes you officially failed!! Haha!!