4.02.2009

I love old names.

Due to my in-laws' renewed interested in their genealogy and my grandmother's lengthy studies in my family's genealogy, I joined Ancestry.com today. I get it free for 2 weeks, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Because so much research has already been done on maternal grandmother's side, it's easy to link people into my family tree and I just had to share some crazy names from my family!

{Sidenote: My parents used family names when naming us, i.e. my middle name is my grandma's maiden name, Amanda's middle name is my dad's middle name which was his mom's maiden name, and Tyler's middle name is off a list of family names from my grandma (read: very old name). So I like to see what old family names we have...}

Louis and Fabian were very popular names among the Worthings.
There is a whole line of Baxters, whom my little cousin in named after.
Pricie
Rosannah
Thomas Jefferson
Uzell (that's a first name!)
Apparently there is a line of Berryhills...should I be cashing in on that franchise??
Asenath (another first name)
Gideon
Prudence
Aroazena (I am not making that up)
Arenia Bethany
Pleasant Stephan (sounds like a crazy celebrity name now!)
Vina Ann
Mary Pearl
Minnie Emma
Montie Veal

Wow, have we got some good choices to name our children or what?!

No comments: