Barstools, referenced way back in this post, are completed!
...Okay, well 2 out of 3 of them are! Jeremy is thrilled I was 2/3 motivated - one was half primed and painted with a black spray paint I ended up not liking, one was half sanded, and one was in its original form. Now two are black and one is still red. Seats need to be screwed back on. Eventually I want to get cute black and white seat cushions. I'll get there.
And taking a cue from the Nester, my paint job is far, far from perfect but I think they look pretty sharp in black.
Before - French country red inherited from my mom
After! (The red won't show once the seat is screwed back on.)
I also finished baby Emma's gift! One iron, staple gun, hot glue gun, finger burn, roll of Stitch Witchery tape and Needle in a Bottle later, it is complete and beautiful. I'll post pictures of my handy work once I have actually given it to Emma later this week.
We are thisclose to having Hurricane Ike behind us - last week our tree dudes ground 2 stumps on our fence line and tomorrow Texas Fence is coming out to install our brand new fence! Praise Jesus!
This is the essence of my husband:
{Phone rings at 8pm, clearly a sales call.}
"Hello?
---
I'm fine, thanks.
---
Well, I'm blind so the magazines wouldn't really do me any good.
---
In braille or about braille? "
No comments:
Post a Comment