Vacation. We want to take one. Minus Amanda, who has accompanied us on our last two (sorry, sissy!). We think we have it narrowed down to 3 spots - San Francisco (I went once in '96 and Jeremy has never been), Chicago (I have never been and Jeremy has as his brother used to live there), or Vegas (we're both Vegas virgins). They're all pretty different so I'm not sure how we begin to narrow it down from those. We're thinking just a long weekend/half-week kind of thing. We'll probably end up in San Antonio. :)
Roomba. We have a Dyson (thanks Tony & Judy!), but we probably are too lazy to vacuum as much as we need to with 2 dogs that shed black and white hair on our wood floors. Jeremy tries to Swiffer sweep a couple times a week and that helps. But we're kind of interested in investing in a Roomba to do the work for us while we actually work. I am worried about it getting clogged with dog hair, but I figure if we get the floors good and clean and then use the Roomba to keep them clean, it might work. (Or, as Emily put it, we can just get Elvira - her cleaning lady!)
Crafty. I like to be crafty. But I am in constant need of advice. So I am making something (to remain a secret for now) and I need to 1) attach ribbon to a wooden piece and 2) attach a skinnier decorative ribbon to aforementioned ribbon attached to the wooden piece. If you say glue gun, yes, that was my first thought, too. But my glue gun (and maybe it's just mine) is kind of goopy and I don't want you to be able to see glue goops on the pretty ribbon. I also worry about the ribbon eventually coming apart from the wood piece. Thoughts? Staple gun? Iron-on adhesive strip?
Furniture. We miiiiiiiight be in the market for a real, grown-up, non-Ikea-coffee table-turned-TV stand entertainment center/armoire for our living room. We did some rearranging and our coffee table ended up as a TV stand, and we were planning on getting a nice ottoman. But I think we'd both like the normal house look of an entertainment center and to get our coffee table back as what it was intended to be. We've been looking at some pieces online and we checked out the Star Furniture outlet over the weekend but the pieces they had were monsters! I just want a nice piece of furniture to hide my TV. Doors/drawers/cabinets would be nice to hide all the TV junk we have, too. Where else should I go look? Online? In-store? Good deals?
This is maybe my favorite piece I have found (Pottery Barn Campton Media Armoire in Desa Mocha):

We had a nice weekend, besides the time change! (But as Jeremy puts it, now that we're working, he'll gladly sacrifice an hour of sleep to get an hour of daylight after work!) Saturday was a baby kind of day, celebrating Katie's first birthday and then meeting baby Emma! Oh, what a doll she is! Even when she was screaming in my arms she was adorable. T & K are such good parents already, it seems so natural to them - gives me hope that I'll be a natural mama at some point, too. (...no pictures but I am hoping whenever Tracy finds time to upload her pictures she might send one to me of us holding Emma! Please, T?) That's all, we're boring.
3 comments:
Okay let's see if I can remember all you needed thoughts on:
Here goes!
-Vacay: Man, that's a toughy. I would say to do Vegas because you are only young once! Yall don't have children in which when you came back to get them, you would feel bad by what ended up "happening in vegas" so go after it! Have fun! You deserve it! Plus, it's a fair match- neither of you have been. ALSO, my friends are going in the beginning of May, I opted out, but they got GREAT deals! You can still go and have a blast and not spend too much money!! (Hopefully!!)
- Roomba: I don't know much about it/never heard anything about it, but it makes me skeptical.... if a Dyson doesn't work, what else could be better?! If it were me, I would play it safe and not invest unless I was 100% sure it would work. Maybe borrow from a friend?! I don't know...just make sure you do a ton of research before investing!
- Crafty: Use super glue for the craft! Ha, that's what I thought of at first thought when the glue gun idea was out. Plus hot glue doesn't last forever, super glue does! :)
Okay I forgot the others...so I will be back!
No comment about Saturday night with our amazingly fun bowling adventure? Dang. I wanted a shout out! :)
As far as furniture goes, I love that piece. It's gorgeous! You can also check out 19th street (more artsy/antiquey/decorative pieces) or the regular Star furniture. If you go to Star, make sure you get their in house "designer" who can help you find a piece that is a good size for your room, etc. Not all of their furniture is on the floor, and they know what's best, so I would do that!
Hey Meagan, here's my input . . .
Vacation:
I think it depends how soon you guys want to go. For me, it is still too cold to go to Chi-town. I love it though, but I would go more spring-time than late winter/early spring. I was there last February for work and have never been so cold!
Vegas is fun and totally worth going if you have never been. I also hear there are some great deals to be had there too.
My vote is San Fran. My friend just went a couple of weeks ago and said it was amazing. I can get the details on what her and her husband did for you if you are interested.
Roomba: I have always been fascinated by the Roomba. I think it's worth a shot.
Craft: To attach the ribbon to the wood, assuming you can't see it, I would use glue (maybe hot) and a staple gun. And to attach one ribbon to another, I would use fusible web (like an iron on adhesive strip).
Furniture: Love the PB armoire. You could also look at Crate & Barrel and Z Gallerie. Also, you have to check out Chic Warehouse in the Heights. They have great furniture (same manufacturer as PB and C&B, but you order direct).
Phew -- sorry for the long comment!
Post a Comment