3.09.2009

DWTS!

It's time I bust out my iron to make new "Team Julianne" shirts! Dancing with the Stars started last night, and unlike last season (we got bored and quit watching a few episodes in), I think we'll really like it!

I can't claim a favorite couple yet, but there were a ton of "bless his/her heart" moments tonight!!

Ty Murray, Jewel's husband and professional cowboy, was just adorable and humble and sweet. Bless his heart!



(Sidenote: Ty's partner Chelsie was on the most recent season of So You Think You Can Dance. We love her and she is a close second to our favorite Julianne. Below is a video of our favorite dance of hers from SYTYCD!)











Holly Madison was such a good sport to come in when Jewel got injured (she only had 6 days to prepare!). She missed a few steps but darnit, she smiled the whole time! Bless her heart!



Shawn Johnston got herself some fancy new hair extensions. Bless her heart! But really, she is too, too cute! And how perfect is she with Mark? (WAY better than that Cheetah Girl...ugh.) And her dance was what I thought was one of the best ones of the night and I can't wait to see her do more fun dances.



Steve Wozniak. Wow, where do I start? He said dancing was "analog". What? But he danced his little heart out even though Bruno called him a Teletubby! Bless his heart!



Our little Australian Kym does not get David Alan Grier's jokes ("I want a swimmer's body"). Bless her heart!


I am not sure how I feel about Julianne being partners with her boyfriend Chuck Wicks, but I can't not like her! But bless her heart for teaching her boyfriend - I wouldn't have that kind of patience.


I did not watch The Bachelor, or I am sure I would be more excited about Melissa Rycroft being on the show. That said, for having her first rehearsal on Saturday morning, she is AWESOME! Definitely one of the best female performances of the night. Bless her heart! Oh yes, and I just found out she was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader...do I recognize her from their show on CMT? Because I did not watch a lick of the Bachelor but I did watch the DCC show and she looks familiar to me.


Other quick thoughts:
How excited am I that Maksim is back on?? He's my favorite bad boy of the ballroom!
I like Lacey Schwimmer less and less the more I see her on the show. And I will never be a fan of Steve-O.
The fake/orange tans are a little out of control this season. Lacey is an inhuman shade of tangerine.
Lil Kim is starting to look like a cross between Madonna (cheek implants) and Michael Jackson (nose).

The DWTS Relationships
Julianne and Derrick Hough are brother and sister. Julianne is dating her partner and fellow country singer Chuck Wicks. Ty Murray is married to Jewel who was supposed to be on the show, too. Karina and Maksim are engaged, though Karina used to date her old partner Mario Lopez (aka AC Slater). Dimitry (Holly's partner), Chelsie (Ty's partner), and Lacey (Steve-O's partner) were all on So You Think You Can Dance, different seasons though. Lacey's brother Benji actually won SYTYCD the season before she went on. AND I just read that some of Chelsie's famous instructors were Mark's parents (Cloris Leachman's partner from last season!). I hope you feel enlightened now!

3 comments:

Annie said...

That's not fair- of course Shawn Johnston is going to be good. She was an OLYMPIC GYMNAST. That's pretty much the same thing as dance, right?! I thought this was supposed to be something that they are learning from scratch, not something they are already good at and built for (body wise...)
oh well...

The doTERRA Darling said...

I appreciate this update. I forgot to dvr it, so I missed out. I work at the Lakes on Post Oak, my office overlooking Nordstrom (because THAT's not torture!) I would love to do lunch one day with you! Just let me know when you are free!! my email is mallory.yartym@gmail.com or you can fb me.

Pam said...

that dance by chelsea and mark is my fav sytycd routine ever!