10.03.2008

DIY

I am feeling very DIY lately. I usually come up with ideas and never follow through - waiting to be able to save money to pay someone else to do something for me. No more! I've been reading this awesome blog and the moral of it is "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful." That is really speaking to me! So last night I grabbed a red, rooster bar stool I inherited from my mom, sanded it and primed it with spray paint. Somehow this weekend those bar stools are going to become black! I tried spraying a small patch with the black spray paint I got and I don't think I like the look of it...not sure what else to do, but hopefully my friendly neighborhood Ace owners can help me out with some other paint selections.

My other BIG plans this weekend:
-Paint bathroom (yep, it's time for the dark brown to go!)
-Paint the hallway (it's tiny but we just never got around to it, so it's still the previous owner's green)
-Paint the guestroom (same story as the hallway)
-Finish bar stools
-Paint some Christmas gifts
-Finish making our 'Team Julianne' Dancing with the Starts t-shirts (I used to be an iron-on letter pro and now I can not for the life of me get these letters to stick!!)

Eventually, we will paint the kitchen neutral, paint the kitchen cabinets white, and paint our bathroom vanity cabinets black. Those are later weekend projects though! Fingers crossed on paying someone to paint the kitchen?

Also, since I now officially have 2 pregnant friends, I am calling the sex of their babies:
Tracy - boy (but they're not finding out, so we'll have to wait until February!)
Carrie - girl
We'll see if I'm right!

I'll try to capture some before and after pictures in case I actually accomplish all the stuff on my list this weekend...
And I bought this adorable little tassel from my new fav blog's online shop. I think it's my inspiration for my kitchen colors - roosters but not in black, red and white. Greens and blues with some darker accents (like my counters and stools).

No comments: