6.25.2009

Update!

I just wanted to post a little update regarding the involuntary removal of the Audi side view mirror. And my rockin' research skills.

As I mentioned in a previous post, based on the police report we obtained (3 weeks after the accident) I could tell this kid's address was near where I grew up. Naturally, I searched for his name on facebook and came up with 2 potential matches, but could not view their profiles (stupid privacy settings getting in the way of justice). What I could tell is that a guy I went to high school with was friends with one of the potential dudes. Additionally, my sister thought she remembered this kid from high school and requested to be his friend on facebook (to see if he had any contact information posted, or to see if any reference was made to his accident or time in jail). No luck with any of that. I finally broke down and messaged my high school friend to see if he did know this guy, etc. Turns out, my suspicions were confirmed and I am sure of which kid on facebook is the guy. My friend let me know where the kid lived (which matched the address I have on him), his cell phone number (which matches the first 3 numbers of the one listed on the police report), AND that his father is an attorney. Jackpot! You better believe I made that call today, but was forced to leave a message. I simply stated the reason I was calling, requested his insurance information, and let him know (probably to his dismay) that it is a small world and we both went to Klein.

We're giving him a day to get back to us, and when he doesn't respond (I can only assume he will not return my call), I am making a call to his father, the attorney. Yes, I google-d the last name, attorney and Houston and came up with a likely answer. He may end up being a total jerk, but I am hopeful someone will do the right thing and pay for our car to be fixed.

This probably all sounds silly - such a fuss over just a mirror being broken, but I shouldn't have to spend time out of my day messing around with all this. Getting insurance information from a kid who was jailed that night shouldn't be this difficult. But don't worry, we'll get it.

Okay, now...I don't want to comment on Jon & Kate, the Longhorns (though I am proud of how far we got!!), Farrah Fawcett or Michael Jackson. All of it makes me sad, but I think enough of it is in the media right now (well, minus the Horns) and not much else needs to be said.

Lastly, keep Jeremy in your thoughts & prayers this weekend - he is working like crazy and cramming for his second CMA exam on Monday. Poor thing is ready to collapse! But he's working so hard and I am so proud! God knows I don't have half that motivation and I probably work half of his hours!

Eh, sorry this is kind of boring. I will have more exciting stuff coming up hopefully!

2 comments:

emily said...

How crazy! Mad props on your research skills. What year did this guy graduate?

Go to http://www.texasbar.com to do some more research on the guy's dad. It has a whole bunch of info on every attorney in Texas.

Annie said...

Thanks for the update! Updates are always nice. And, way to be persistent! Persistence ALWAYS pays off! And no, you aren't making a fuss over something small. It's the PRINCIPAL of it! :)