So I decided since I was unemployed, I might actually have time to clean, re-hang stuff, and take pictures so I could participate in Kelly's "Show Us Where You Live Fridays"! You can see my kitching/dining room/living room all at once since our house is pretty tiny, and apparently once I became a homeowner I became terrified of any color except brown and tan because it's looking pretty neutral around here! And of course there's the obligatory "I want to change this, I want to change that"...we need a rug, our coffee table is currently acting as our TV stand while we wait to buy an armoire, I'd love to add crown moulding, etc., etc. It is what it is for now - this is where we spend almost all of our time when we're home and I think it's pretty comfy.

This is looking into the room when you come in the front door. Lots of our furniture is hand-me-downs, but really nice ones from my mom, grandma and friends! :) I LOVE the sofa table (thanks, Mom!) and Jeremy bought me the large urn and tall things when I said I needed something to add height. Isn't he adorable? We have rearranged the living room 3 times, but I love it this way. It's long and narrow and couch placement can be difficult, but my mom is an awesome stager and suggested angling the couch. We used to have a HUGE 5 piece sectional against the wall with the TV and the TV was against the wall I am standing against taking this picture, so it was an awkard layout to say the least. We sold the couch on Craigslist and bought this new, smaller one for $650 from the Star Furniture outlet. (If you are unfamiliar with couch prices, that is crazy cheap besides buying one from Ikea...or Craigslist.)

This is a close-up of the sofa table.

Looking from the "dining room" (okay, dining room/walkway/weird, small, open space) into our living area. You might be able to see a little green peaking out from the ottoman - it is totally lime green with purple trim. Another hand-me-down from my mom's old house that matched my little sister's room (the purple chair is in our burnt orange study, and yes, it matches beautifully). But since we are without a coffee table for now, I have to have something to prop my tootsies up on! The short side table we bought from Ikea, the chair we got from the liquidation sale at Bombay Company, and the round pedestal table my mom got me for college. Like I said...I am dying to get an area rug to anchor the couch, and we did have a Target one until our dogs decided to use it as their bathroom. Surprisingly, my husband's idea of hosing it off and letting it dry outside did not fix the smell, so it's still outside (and no, it was not an outdoor rug to begin with). So I am hesitant to spend any more money on a rug that will be ruined again.
Close-up of my pretty table and chair. The lamp is from Target and I LOVE it! They have such a great, cheap lamp selection. And any Nester fans out there might notice the tassel on my lamp - one from her major sale a couple weeks ago!
View of the couch, and into the guest room (far left) and other bedrooms (far right). I loved all the pillows that came with the couch, and the wood accents.
This is the wall space between our big window and the front door. Jeremy and I both love Texas, UT and Texas history, so we also love those rustic stars! We have this large one and a smaller one on the sofa table.
This is the wall opposite the TV wall, near the guest room and front door. When we find someone stronger than me, we'll move my grandma's buffet under this. The frame I got from her house and I just rubbed some bronze paint over it (because it was gooooooooold), and the painting in the middle is our married monogram, painted by my most artistic BFF Adrienne. I have had this since college (before we were married) and I LOVE IT!
This is the pass-through into our kitchen, something we loved about the house when we were looking. Our whole neighborhood is 50's ranch style homes, which are typically very closed off with small rooms, but ours had been opened up a lot! It feels a lot bigger than 1181 square feet (sometimes...) and we decided we were fine with smaller bedrooms and more open living space for entertaining. I added a couple wedding pictures and the Welcome sign above the pass-through just to add some interest...it looked too boring.
This is the bookcase under our pass-through. It's nothing special, but we need the storage for our books and I like having surfaces to display more pictures on! The blue "H" canvas I painted myself. I might have a thing for monograms... :)
The pup, the TV, and a pretty antique box from our friends who moved to Australia. We reeeeeally need an armoire because I can not wait to shut the doors and not have to see any of that junk!
Oh, look, the other pup!
And since it's basically attached/the same room, our dining area. We just picked up this table and chairs from my grandma's house last weekend and I am THRILLED to be able to seat more than 2 people. The table is set for our Mother's Day Brunch we're hosting on Sunday. Mirror is another hand-me-down from mom! The red room is our kitchen, and the door goes into the backyard.
Two more views from the dining area into the living area. I LOVE the ceiling fan! Oh, and if you noticed the rod and tiebacks above our window, yes, I am also trying to figure out our curtain situation. I would love some just for decoration (obviously, because we have blinds already) to add some softness and some color. Because I think fabric is expensive, and curtain panels are even more expensive, I might buy some cheap fabric from fabric.com and do some window "mis"treatments with my hot glue gun. I just can't decide on a color or pattern!Hope you enjoyed! I would tell you to check out the rest, but with over 300 rooms already...I'm not sure how feasible that actually is! Happy weekend!
3 comments:
I think you did a great job. I like the mix of different accessories. Thanks for the tour. :)
Have to love the monograms. :) I like the window to your kitchen. And the table! Do you always have it set? I like that.
Very pretty room. Love the initials. Also wanted to say that your wedding photo at the top of your blog is gorgeous!!
Post a Comment