5.11.2009

Belated Mother's Day & A Fresh Start

First, Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there! I always enjoy this day because 1) our moms are way awesome and do so much for us (duh); 2) it usually involves my favorite meal - brunch!; and 3) it means it's really springtime (or summer if you live in Houston) and it means my birthday is close! :)

We hosted a brunch for my mom, sister, brother, and Jeremy's parents. It was so nice having everyone together! As I mentioned in the previous post, we got to use my "new" dining room table to seat everyone. I love using my china and stuff too, so that always makes me happy. The meal was not a fancy brunch, but we did have mimosas, raspberry & white chocolate chip biscuits, my favorite dish Chicken Julianne (aka Hot Chicken Salad), a salad with mandarin oranges and almonds, and a strawberry/cream cheese/pretzel salad. We ended with coconut and chocolate pies from Flying Saucer. It was delicious, if I do say so myself. Not perfect or gourmet, but tasty.

I got my camera out and everything and completely forgot to take pictures. :( It is way too much for the hostess to have to remember to be the photographer too. Boo.

And for the fresh start news...I started my new job today! I didn't want to post anything about it until it seemed like a sure thing, and now obviously it is. I'm working as a project administrator/regulatory coordinator for a company who works with operators to do their platform, pipeline and well abandonment and decommissioning work. First days are always nerve wracking, especially when this change was not initiated by me, but I am excited about the opportunity and know how lucky I am to even have a job at all, let alone one still in regulatory. I'll be kind of an admin on the project, but I will also get to do all the regulatory permit and application filings for this operator! So it's some well stuff I have experience in, and then some new platform and pipeline stuff I am familiar with but haven't done myself. I'm the only person with regulatory experience there, so I think it could be a great opportunity to make a name for myself in what I do. Hopefully! So that's my news. In other news...Jeremy had to report to jury duty at traffic court today for 2.5 hours. Ha!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Haha I can't help but laugh at Jeremy and what seemed like such an exciting day for him.

You, on the other hand missy, I am so happy for!!! Wow, I didn't realize it would be so quick, but I am so glad you officially got the job! Yay! I am even more happy that you are so excited about it and the good things it could do and bring for you!

Congrats!

Now, there are a few things I need from you. Here goes:
1) your email address at this new job
2) all of the recipes you mentioned in your blog. you think i am joking, but i am not and i will track you down to get it.

Thanks!!