Saturday was my birthday, and after a little bit of a rough week with the new job and all those changes, I was SO glad it fell on a Saturday!!
Our Friday was a nice, relaxing end to the week. Poor Jeremy has had a cough for over 3 weeks and finally went to our doctor earlier in the week who diagnosed him with bronchitis. Early Friday morning Jeremy woke up with a very painful ear ache and couldn't hear out of his ear. Poor thing! He went back to the doctor and then to an ENT, all to find out it might be an ear infection. So Jeremy napped on the couch Friday night, and I cooked us salmon for dinner (this "eating at home" thing would have been previously unheard of in our house!). We watched You've Got Mail on TV and ended the night with an 11pm Starbuck's run. It was just one of those nights where you enjoy and appreciate your life so much - just having no plans, being able to do whatever we want whenever. So relaxing!
Saturday, I got to sleep in and sit on the couch watching HGTV all morning! Jeremy was so sneaky while he was out picking up lunch and brought home gorgeous flowers, Chick-fil-a and a cookie cake for me! I went to get my hair highlighted and blown out in the afternoon (another one of my very favorite things!), then Jeremy took my out to dinner at Ibiza in Midtown. It was very yummy - we had french fries with truffle oil and Parmesan cheese as an appetizer, I had lamb chop with grits and Jeremy had grilled shrimp with goat cheese polenta. I think mine was the best, but it was all good. We stopped home for some cookie cake, then headed over to Pearl on Washington and met up with some friends. It was really relaxed, kind of the theme of my weekend! :) Thanks to all my friends who came to celebrate with me, love y'all!
My pretty flowers!
After dinner, before Pearl - our only stinkin' picture together!
Sunday we had lunch with Jeremy's parents, then stopped by my mom's for cake #2, then had burgers and cake #3 at my dad's. It was a fun family day! And again - relaxing. After such a nice weekend I was ready to start the week! I even got a birthday card from everyone in my office, and I've only been working there for 6 days!

Cake #1 - from Jeremy

Cake #2 - from Mom

Cake #3 - from Dad
Thanks for all the birthday love!
1 comment:
Your birthday cakes are all so cute! I am glad you had such a great day, and got to get your hair blown out...that is one of my favorite things to do too. Great pic of you and Jeremy!
Post a Comment