Oh Em Gee, 2 posts in one day!! One might say I was bored at work...or just enjoying the Internet at my fingertips until I go home to a house with no power...either, or. Anyway, 2 things:
1. My mom's neighbor text messaged her this the other night: "Noise ordinance is still in effect." Yes, text messaged her. And yes, her neighbor is an adult, not a 13-year-old girl. This was in regards to her large generator, which she's borrowing from a neighbor who has power, that is powering half her house, including her A/C. Isn't she lucky? Houston has just been through a fairly awful hurricane and is now basically in a crisis! (Sidenote: I sleep about 10 feet from our generator, and granted - I have a kind of loud fan, but it never keeps me up and it's pretty much white noise.) Now, Sally (my mom) is no dummy. She's also a realtor, so she looked up a "noise ordinance" and one does not exist in unincorporated Harris County. There is one for the City of Houston, which clearly does not apply. So above that, you go to the state law, which only provides a noise ordinance for construction zones (85 decibels, FYI) and this can be at any time of day or night. I think my mom was too kind in sending Tyler to stay with my dad last night and turning her generator off, but I think we convinced her to turn it back on today because it's too hot! I also immediately thought I would love to see someone pull that with Jeremy. Not only is he exceptional at witty responses, but he also has no time for ridiculous crap like that. His response was 1) "I'm going to egg her house. You think I'm kidding. It gets dark at night." and 2) "Have you measured my decibels? Please respond."
I think the mystery has also been solved as to the author of a typed, unsigned letter my mom received regarding leaving our old dog Banner outside overnight. It was addressed to "Lonely Dog Owner."
Clearly, Mrs. Annoying Neighbor on Stockport, someone has WAY too much time on her hands and is not well-versed in how to have a conversation with your adult neighbor.
2. Here's a video of Blaine Irby's knee injury from the Rice game on Saturday. Awful!! (We didn't watch the game due to the wedding we attended.)
No comments:
Post a Comment