Yep, Day 12. Centerpoint isn't even using a map anymore because it just depresses everyone without power. I did book us a hotel for the whole weekend in Austin and I made reservations to board the dogs, so we at least have a fun, relaxing, electricity-filled weekend there! It will be nuts because of ACL and the football game, but I don't care, I just want to get out of Houston!!
I also wanted to brag on my husband...when we started dating way back in 2004 he was playing bass for a church in Austin, but he also writes and records his own stuff (or used to). He finally uploaded it all onto a site and I forgot how much I enjoy it! (I am ashamed to say I haven't listened to it in a while...sorry babe!) He constantly amazes me with his equal amounts of creativity and business-minded thinking (you should see his spreadsheet skills!), and his music is just another way to show his creative, artistic side. I love him so much!! He's my rock star. :) If you're interested...
http://www.jukeboxalive.com/jeremyhamblen
How anyone can compose original music is completely beyond me - and I do know a little about music (piano for 2 years, y'all!). And just like with other parts of his life, Jeremy has always been quietly modest about his musical talents. So I hope those of you who read this and know him can appreciate his beautiful music! My favorite song on there is "Only Hope."
9.24.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment