Seriously, the best. I am absolutely going to bore you with all the details.
Tuesday night we skipped out on cleaning/preparing for our Thanksgiving feast and went to dinner at Benjy's with Justin, Sean and Chris, who was in town from Kyle. It was totally worth staying out late for - I hadn't seen Chris in months and there was a lot of laughing at dinner, to say the least.
Wednesday Jeremy disc-golfed with the other Hamblen men, then we got ready for Thanksgiving. We hosted Jeremy's parents, his brother Josh & his wife Jamie, Aunt Pat, Uncle Dan, my dad & Heather, Heather's mom Gigi, Heather's kids Caroline & Sarah, and even Amy, Chris and baby Katy stopped by for a plate! It was definitely a full house (especially in our tiny house)! We had everyone over Wednesday night because we left Thursday morning for Austin to have another yummy lunch at Green Pastures and then to cheer on our Longhorns against A&M. We loved hosting Thanksgiving at our place and all the food was awesome.
Friday we had coffee in the morning with one of Jeremy's bosses who lives in Austin, then we had lunch at El Patio with Amanda and Tyler and headed back to Houston. It was a quick trip, only 24 hours!, but so fun. I will look forward to making that trip every other year from now on! Friday night we met up with Zach and his wife Carrie, and Zach's brother JC and his wife Rhoda for drinks at Empire Cafe. Justin and Sean met us up there too, and again, there was lots of laughing and reminiscing about college days! (Zach, Sean, Justin and Jeremy were all roommates at a house at UT, plus 2 other guys.) Carrie and Zach had found out earlier in the week they're expecting a little boy!! We still can't believe Zach's going to be a dad, but we're so excited for them & Zach, Jr (not really his name).
Saturday Jeremy watched football all day long while I shopped, so we were both happy! I am sure Jeremy could fill an entire blog with his thoughts on UT football and the BCS (if you're living under a rock, 2 teams we BEAT are playing in the Big XII Championship), but maybe another day. That night we ate dinner at the Black Lab to celebrate Jamie & Judy's birthdays, followed by watching OSU suck it up big time against OU (OSU - learn how to play some DEFENSE, PLEASE!!).
Yesterday we stayed in our pj's all day and I Christmas-fied the house while Jeremy worked/studied/clicked refresh 100,000 times online to read more about the BCS standings. I unpacked our 1 Christmas decoration box, hung the wreath and garland and got the tree up (which will remain ornament-less until this weekend, probably) while we watched Love Actually and drank apple cider! We also watched Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation with Jimmy Stewart and Maureen O'Hara. It's hilarious and I highly recommend it if you're in the mood for some classic, wholesome Jimmy! :) (Thanks to Judy and Tony for Netflix-ing it..."I hate Boompa!!") And wow, we sound totally lazy and worthless.
Lastly - I have no pictures to post because I took NONE this whole weekend. Bad Meagan. I am hoping sweet Jamie will email them to me because she was so nice to take pictures for us! :)
12.01.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment